Unfortunately there are still unscrupulous individuals misleading customers who don’t meet safety guidelines and cause roofing problems rather than roofing solutions. We offer a few guidelines to help below which can help avoid such contractors and go straight to the reputable ones.
- Testimonials. The internet offers customer reviews at the click of a few buttons so read up about the company and see what previous customers think. Make sure you look on trusted sites such as Checkatrade, Yell, Which? to ensure the reviews are genuine.
- Price. Try not to base your decision on price alone. Experience and knowledge of the industry comes with a price. Contractors with the correct insurance and experience have prices to cover so be dubious of cheap quotes. They may come at a higher price if completed work is not finished to a safe standard and needs fixing!
- Paying upfront in cash. Don’t do it! A reputable contractor would never ask for payment upfront in cash so don’t agree to this or let people know you have cash lying around your property.
- Certification. Look at company guidelines and accreditations, do they follow British standards?
- Guarantee and Warranty. Ask about insurance backed guarantees to ensure if the company were to go out of business, you would still be covered.
- Previous work. Look at recent work by the company. Do they show photographs of projects? Are they proud of their work? Avoid contractors who use a lot of stock photography, a good contractor will want to shout about their work!